Thursday 27 January 2011

Steampunk Shirt Toile

This is the toile for my 'Steampunk' shirt. I'm not really sure about my collar and thinking of creating a separate for it. The pleats will be decorated with gold zippers. I will have to change my size on the waist because it's too big. Also, I will make the sleeves higher on the shoulder.

The hardest part of making this shirt is the sleeves. At first I don't know how to create the structured sleeve. After few tweaks and more paper cutting, I arrived on a pattern that fits the shirt. I am still not sure how the cuff will be connected because the the cuff is long and tight. I'm not sure by making a buttoned cuff is ideal. The neckline is a bit too high so I'll lower it by an inch. Over all, I like the outcome and there are more things to improved before using the right fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment